Composite Technician I
Salary - $15.70 - $20.20 +14.3% differential /Hour DOE – Full Time + Benefits
Hours - 10:30PM - 6:00AM Sun-Thu
Fralock is a well-established manufacturing company, based in the Santa Clarita Valley, that has a 50 year history of excellence. We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication and character with the ability to make independent, intelligent decisions. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement, apply today.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 6 months of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
Performs composite layup and layup techniques for bonding, trimming, curing and inspecting composite materials in a safe and efficient manner, with a focus on quality.
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
- Interprets work instructions and drawings to determine materials, tools and processes to use for each product, as directed.
- Maintains cleanliness of cleanroom by following all requirements, appropriate dress and regular housekeeping.
- Inspects all materials for both quality and accuracy to the Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Ensures all assemblies are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformance issues by following cleanroom requirements.
- Handle polyimides, sealants, fiberglass, metals, and other composite materials.
- Inspects own work for compliance to instructions and quality of work, along with the use of hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers and micrometers.
- Safety procedures strictly adhered to within the autoclave process during movement of product, performance of basic integrity checks and sensor preparations.
- Set-up and monitoring autoclave cycles are performed, with a focus on potential mechanical errors.
- Inspects processed composites for any contamination and/or non-conformances.
- Prepares rejection tags, documents findings, and reports all non-conformances to Production Supervisor.
- Packages and labels all acceptable finished products.
- Both individually and within a team setting, participates in continuous improvement (CI) efforts for efficiency, quality, and safety, to include offering suggestions, ideas, and support wherever possible
- Works both independently and in teams for cross-training and project purposes.
- Assists in training and mentoring peers as needed.
Reading comprehension: Interpreting written information such as technical reports, manuals, layups, work instructions, written directions/warnings
Writing: Involves preparing information or documents such as nonconformance reports, technical reports and shift hand-offs
Reasoning and Decision Making
Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
Comprehension: Understanding direction and adhering to established procedures.
Instructing: Teaching subject matter to others or training others through explanation, demonstration, or supervised practice.
Knowledge and use of basic measuring devices (Rulers, Tape Measures, Calipers, Micrometers, Etc)
Basic knowledge and use of hand-tools (scissors, wrench, screwdriver, knife)
Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people in a collaborative manner.
Previous composite layup and cleanroom experience a plus; Knowledgeable of AS9100 requirements, Lean Manufacturing, experience in Quality inspection and materials handling.
High school diploma, GED or five (5) years of work experience
1 year experience working in a manufacturing environment
Must be able to use both hands with fine dexterity. Repetitive motion of wrists, hands and fingers. Must have vision (with or without assistance) capable of seeing small objects at a close distance. Must be able to accurately place small objects in the appropriate location. Must be able to stand for entire work-shift. Must be able to climb stairs, squat and kneel. Must be able to push, pull, carry and grasp. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
This position must pass post offer drug test, Pre-work Screen, and background check. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Integrity test and English if applicant does not poses a BA or higher.