A&D Strategic Account Manager
Salary: $130K - $150K /YR DOE – Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a well-established manufacturing company, based in the Santa Clarita Valley, that has a 50 year history of excellence. We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication and character with the ability to make independent, intelligent decisions. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement, apply today.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
A&D Strategic Account Manager develops, maintains and expands relationships with key accounts in the Aerospace & Defense industry and is accountable for achieving assigned strategic objectives. This role represents the entire range of company products and services to targeted accounts at the engineering level while ensuring that customer needs and expectations are met or exceeded. The position requires technical aptitude in the areas of materials, manufacturing, applications, and market trends.
Additionally, the role requires collaboration with internal colleagues and the management of Opportunities (i.e. Projects) as various stages of the product life cycle.
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
(1) Supporting customers engineering departments on both new and existing opportunities (projects).
(2) Making sales calls to promote Fralock's capabilities/offering, and making technical presentations.
(3) Developing new contacts within the customer and recording their contact information in our CRM system.
(4) Gathering of Requirement Definitions in order to facilitate the Design Development process.
(5) May be involved in other areas of account management in a supporting role.
(6) Preparation of quotation materials (PPW, M2M Quote, etc.) in order to generate a quote/proposal.
(7) Assist with project/program management as needed
(8) Account penetration at the engineering level
(9) Obtain pertinent information regarding new applications including Requirements Definition(s).
(10) Increase revenue through the development of new business (new parts, new customers).
(11) Increase applications knowledge in order to improve problem solving capabilities.
(12) Prepare reports (sales, forecasts, month end, etc.).
(13) Responsible for developing relationships up and down the 'food chain" in engineering, purchasing, supply chain and management.
(14) Active involvement in the quotation, product development [D&D], and sampling activities.
(15) Coordinating of customer interactions including joint sales calls, technical presentations, gathering of Requirement Definitions.
(16) And, other related functions that support customer intimacy, customer satisfaction and business development
(1) Strong salesmanship skills,
(2) Knowledgeable of A&D product development activities
(3) Strong A&D contacts and working knowledge with OEMs such as Lockheed, Northrop, Boeing, etc.
(4) Excellent communication skills both written and verbal,
(5) Proficient with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PPT),
(6) "Engineered Solution" selling experience,
(7) Professional business acumen,
(8) Proficient with CRM software,
(9) Strong level of mechanical aptitude.
(10) Project management skills
(11) Valid Driver’s License, Insurance and Acceptable driving record
(12) Trade show set/dismantle requiring some lifting (up to 45 lbs)
(13) Must be able to travel locally in California and nationally
(1) Strong industry experience in Aerospace & Defense
(2) Working knowledge with major OEMs (Northrop, Lockheed, Boeing, etc.)
(3) Heaters and flexible cable with converting/Manufacturing/Material knowledge of thin flexible materials (films, foils, foam, elastomers, polymers and adhesives
(4) Experience in selling engineered products
(5) Track record of penetrating customer organizations
High School Diploma AND Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (i.e. Electrical, Mechanical), or Technical Degree, or minimum of 10 years experience in a Technical Sales Role
5 to 10 years of related work experience
Lifting 45 lbs. Mostly sitting. Communicating and Negotiating with customers and suppliers. Interpersonal skills required in dealing with different personality types. Computing, Compiling and Analyzing date and preparation of reports.
This position must pass post offer drug test, Pre-work Screen, Integrity, and background check. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.