Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. Due to recent expansion, we are adding a Quality Technician to our location in Fremont, CA.
We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication, and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), an annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs, and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results-driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage, and innovation
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
The QA Inspector will operate a CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) for purposes of performing the first article, in-process inspections, receiving and final inspection.
- Performs cosmetic inspection to customer requirements.
- Monitor finishing and machining operations to ensure in-process inspections are performed effectively.
- Work with all departments to optimize QC/QA methods.
- Ability to interpret and obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions. using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, and snap gauges.
- Maintains, performs, and documents established calibration intervals on all Inspection, Measurement, and Test Equipment.
- Practical knowledge of measures and dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, and snap gauges, to ensure the product meets specifications.
- Ability to locate a reference point on part and measures dimension such as angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plate parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, V blocks, and precision measuring instruments.
- Generate appropriate and detailed documentation, record keeping, and reports of results and performance
- Review and verify inspection and testing of parts for compliance, ensuring that only acceptable product moves to the next operation.
- Review and verify inspection and testing of products for compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Provides input on technical matters pertaining to inspection methodology and responsibility.
- Completed non-conformance reports in writing for defected parts and initiate corrective action as needed
- Skilled in quality control of manufactured and/or machined parts.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, with a good working knowledge of GD&T.
- Proficient in all mechanical inspection tools (calipers, height gauge, surface finish gage, thread gages, pin gages, etc.).
- Proficient in the interpretation of Specifications, Engineering Drawings, and Purchase Orders
- Well-organized and possessing excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Team player, positive attitude, ability to multitask, stay calm under pressure, and adapt to dynamic situations.
- High attention to detail and precision.
- Working knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Working knowledge of PC-DMIS CMM software is preferred.
- SolidWorks Inspection software experience is a plus.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience operating a CMM machine
- 1-3+ years of quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- Duties of the position are performed in a manufacturing environment with frequent exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, operating machinery, temperature extremes, hazardous substances, etc.
- Duties of the position may require periodic heavy manual effort and exertion including climbing, lifting, pulling, and moving objects over 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.