Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. Due to recent expansion, we have a Sr. Accountant opening with Lenthor Engineering, our location in Milpitas, CA.
We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication, and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Reporting to the Division Controller, the Sr. Accountant will be a key contributor within accounting and financial operations from beginning to end. This individual will be responsible for managing various general ledger accounts; example of duties includes creating invoices (accounts receivable) to preparing account/bank reconciliations and month-end journal entries. This role will also involve, cross-functional communication and partnership across the organization (sales, purchasing, shipping/receiving, etc.) as well as a proactive spirit and a philosophy of ownership accountability to complete his/her job successfully.
Assist in ensuring accounting, financial reporting and external regulatory reporting is completed accurately and that all reporting and filings are submitted on time to ensure the company is in good standing with lenders, regulatory agencies and the community. Involvement with annual financial statement audit and supports information data requests from the audit team. Assisting the Division Controller to ensure internal controls are implemented and maintained to ensure integrity of financial reporting.
- Involvement in the entire Order to Cash and Procurement to Pay processes, from supporting order processing efforts to managing invoices collections / payments
- AR/Cash: Prepare daily cash inflow/outflows tracking, post and reconcile credit card transactions, track AR credit decisions, and manage vendor & customer communications to ensure timely flow of payments
- Payroll: Prepare bimonthly payroll journal entries based on ADP reports
- Manage prepaid and fixed assets accounts, including posting depreciation, and maintain rent schedules, including deferred rent
- Prepare, analyze and post recurring and non-recurring journal entries, including monthly accruals
- Assist in preparing and monitoring internal controls and help maintain financial policies and procedures to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Present recommendations to Executive Management
- Proficiency in computer skills with emphasis on Excel, Accounting Software, ERP systems specific to manufacturing environment, Power Point, and Word.
- Experience month end closing, account reconciliation, Balance sheet and P&L understanding.
- Cost accounting experience, COGS, analytical skills
- Strong accounting acumen, problem-solving analytical skills
- Good communication skills to work objectively with people in different functions within the organization including Sales, Operations, and Engineering
- Attention to detail, willing to get into the weeds; strong organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in preparing month-end account reconciliations
- Experience in supporting annual financial audit
- Experience with different revenue size manufacturing companies
- Experience in working with accounting/ERP software, such as QuickBooks and M2M (Made 2 Manage) software
- Licensed CPA strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years experience accounting, controlling, OTC, PTP
- Prior experience in industrial equipment manufacturing, aerospace & defense manufacturing, medical device manufacturing, or other closely related manufacturing industry