Assembler/Packer I (3rd Shift)
Full Time + Benefits
Schedule: Sun – Thurs, 11:30PM – 7AM
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday time, traditional 401K and Roth investment options with discretionary employer contribution, annual bonus program (conditions apply), major Medical/Dental/Vision/Flex Plans, company paid Life Insurance, and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
- Basic packaging techniques (bundling, wrapping, heat-sealing, counting, inspecting, assembly, cleaning, etc.)
- Understanding of all shop floor-related and Packaging terms and phrases.
- Performs assembly work of a highly repetitive nature.
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
- Assemble components accurately, thoroughly and quickly to approved specifications.
- Rotate through multiple workstations on a shift to ensure maximum productivity.
- Read blueprints and verify the parts required prior to assembly.
- Inform supervisors of any part or equipment defects to ensure prompt response to the problem.
- Familiarize yourself with the tools, instrumentation and calibration equipment
- Communicate with other stations on the assembly line to ensure maximum speed and accuracy.
- Tend or operate machine that packages product.
- Secure finished packaged items by hand tying, gluing, stapling, heat-sealing or vacuum sealing.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature.
- Stock and sort product for packaging or filling machine operation, and replenish packaging supplies, such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
- Clean and remove damaged or otherwise inferior materials to prepare raw products for processing.
- Attach identification labels to finished packaged items
Ability to sort, communicate, read, comprehend and follow instructions and directions
Compare for correctness, count accurately
Good communication skills.
Good interpersonal skills.
Self-starter with demonstrated ability to achieve results.
Cleanroom Experience, Blue-print reading, Good interpersonal skills, Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels, Ability to multi-task, Results and action oriented, fast learner, strong communication skills, Lean manufacturing/5S knowledge, Use hand-tool measuring devices.
High school diploma, GED or five (5) years work experience
No experience necessary
Requires using hands to handle tools or controls.
Requires repetitive movement.
Must have vision (with or without assistance) capable of seeing small objects at a close distance.
Must be able to accurately place small objects in the appropriate location.
Requires prolonged standing/sitting.
Requires lifting up to 25lbs.
This position must pass post Pre-work Screen, and background check. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.