A & D Segment General Manager
Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a well-established manufacturing company, based in the Santa Clarita Valley, that has a 50 year history of excellence. We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication and character with the ability to make independent, intelligent decisions. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement, apply today.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 6 months of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
One of three defined business segments, the position is the primary accountable executive providing the senior most leadership to, and oversight of all aspects of the assigned segment and business. The Segment General Manager is a key member of Executive Management Team and actively engages in managing enterprise.
The position provides leadership and oversight for development of strategy for the segment towards both multiyear and annual objectives. It is then responsible for developing operational plans for the execution of the strategy and ultimately the delivery of business performance. Segment GM’s will do this through their own personal contributions and through leading a team of solid and matrixed personnel towards the objectives. As part of the market share growth they are expected to oversee all customer engagement aspects and related opportunities for new and existing customers, including personal participation commensurate with the significance of the business. Oversite/participation in customer engagement activities will involve all aspects from opportunity targeting, to identification through proposal development and capture. The primary deliverables of customer engagement is the company’s profitable growth and customer trust. Profitability will be managed primarily through product positioning and pricing strategies set by the segment leader and they will additionally be expected to advocate for their business segments needs on quality, cost, delivery and product offerings, to ensure the company remains and improves its competitive market positioning.
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
- Defines and executes strategy for segment, updating as indicated.
- New business development: defining penetration strategies, providing leadership and participation in customer engagements. Oversees and directs, customer presentations, sales collateral and proposals etc. to ensure success.
- Lead execution of growth plans. Review of project progress against plans, redirecting resources as needed.
- Synthesis of customer requirements to assure comprehensive responses to their needs.
- Interaction with project execution teams, attending project review meetings.
- Develop and institute regular communication with customers.
- Prioritization of limited resources for opportunity pipeline development.
- Profitability management.
- Pricing decisions.
- Oversees or directly leads contract negotiations.
- Participation in company strategy development including inputs on technical roadmaps.
- Leadership and management responsibilities for direct and indirect team.
- Prepare and perform annual employee performance and salary reviews.
- Participation in monthly executive staff meetings and quarterly board meetings.
- Demonstrated leadership and general management, in a manufacturing environment, producing solutions and products for advanced systems integrators and OEM’s in the A&D arena.
- Business development in the A&D fields.
- Strategic planning.
- Financial management and an understanding of cost accounting and pricing.
- Thorough and working knowledge of the Systems and Equipment aspects of A&D markets including air and spacecraft, the market participants, programs, market expectations, etc.
- Familiarity with technical concepts and principals as well as design and development engineering.
- Familiarity with the management of projects and programs both from an internal as well as customer perspective.
- A working knowledge of contract review and execution in both civil and US DoD markets including the ability to navigate the related FAR’s/DFAR’s.
- Working knowledge of the practical aspects of product realization as deployed in an ISO 9001/AS9100 environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective intra and inter-departmental relationships at all levels as well as customer and supplier relationships, to facilitate consensus solutions, and to effectively resolve problems.
- Full working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and acceptable driving record.
- Knowledge of film, foil and adhesive based products including general electrical, mechanical and manufacturing/industrial engineering skills.
- Intimate product application knowledge of one of the following; airframe, missile and satellite electrical systems, sub-systems and components.
Bachelor of Science in Business, Engineering or relevant field from a recognized institution, MBA or other advanced credentials desirable.
10 years as a manager in the fields specified.
Able to perform all Responsibilities and Duties herein and to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
This position must pass post offer drug test, Pre-work Screen, Integrity, and background check. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.