Packaging / Shipping Clerk I
Salary: $17 - $21 /HR DOE – Full Time + Benefits
Schedule: 8:30AM – 5PM
Fralock is a well-established manufacturing company, based in the Santa Clarita Valley, that has a 50 year history of excellence. We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication and character with the ability to make independent, intelligent decisions. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement, apply today.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 6 months of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
The Packaging / Shipping Clerk is responsible for processing and preparing products for shipping, including the selection of appropriate packaging based on shipping requirements and carriers
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
- Follows any instructions related to labeling of product, certificates of product or special packaging requirements
- Preparing products for shipment
- May work without direct Supervisor oversight while still maintaining production standards.
- Requests materials, tools, and/or other stock items
- Identifies nonconforming materials when identified both physically and systemically.
- Driving product to/picking up product from suppliers or customers
- Assist others within the department as necessary
- Support and follow Fralock safety practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written instructions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, time sensitive, high volume shipping department
- Team Player attitude
Shipping/logistics experience in a manufacturing environment
Microsoft office - Microsoft excel, Power Point, Microsoft Word
Lean and or Six Sigma experience/skills
Additional related training and education preferred
Valid driver's license and insurance
Acceptable driving record
High School diploma, GED or three (3) years work experience.
No experience necessary
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Able to spend the day standing, bending, walking, lifting, reaching and handling product
This position must pass post offer drug test, Pre-work Screen, and background check. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Integrity test and English if applicant does not poses a BA or higher.