Manufacturing Processing Engineer
Salary - $105K - $115K /Year DOE – Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a well-established manufacturing company, based in the Santa Clarita Valley, that has a 50 year history of excellence. We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication and character with the ability to make independent, intelligent decisions. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement, apply today.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment beginning 1/1/2021), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
1. Project management to track manufacturing runs and do time studies.
2. Work with design Engineers to develop and release new manufacturing processes and tooling, with responsibility for implementation on the factory floor.
3. Become a SME of the current manufacturing processes
4. Design new and improve existing manufacturing processes and methods, tooing, automation and work instructions, applying Lean and Six Sigma principles.
5. Able to create Operational Method Sheets, implemeting company-wide
6. Industrial engineering knowledge to lead countinuous improvement in manufacturing runs and any time studies.
7. Establishes capacity models maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel
8. Design fixtures and specialized tooling for use in manufacturing processes
9. Research new and existing materials to check for the functionality and feasibility of customer part design in relation to the designed manufacturing plan.
10. Able to work in AutoCAD or other similar software to create/generate manufacturing related facility layouts or OMS's
11. Ability to provide ROI analysis of alternate methods, processes, or equipment, and create executive summaries
12. Analyze engineering drawings and other relevant documentation to validate time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
1. Work on workcenter process design and development for new products, which includes choosing the right equipment, setup, tooling, process steps and writing instructions on how to manufacturer
2. Research new and existing equipment/ machines to check for the functionality and feasibility of customer part manufacturing
3. Work on projects that will reduce lead times and internal manufacturing costs
4. Responsible for improving and troubleshooting existing manufacturing processes
CNC, Laser, Welding (not limited to) work center experiance
Strong computer skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to analyze data and problem solve
Read and interpret engineering drawings
Valid driver's license, insurance, and acceptable driving record
Self motivated, results and action oriented, and a strong team player
A hands on mechanical aptitude
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Just In-Time, Kanban principles
Industrial Engineering knowledge
Knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100 or ISO 13485
Bachelor degree in engineering or any related field
5-7 years in a manufacturing environment
Experience in one or more related engineering areas: manufacturing, industrial, production, or quality
Minimum 25 lb lifting requirement
Able to ascend/descend stairs while carrying acceptable loads
This position must pass post offer drug test, Pre-work Screen, and background check. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Integrity test and English if applicant does not poses a BA or higher.