Sr. Process and Methodology Engineer
Salary: $110K - $125K /YR DOE – Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a well-established manufacturing company, based in the Santa Clarita Valley, that has a 50 year history of excellence. We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication and character with the ability to make independent, intelligent decisions. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement, apply today.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
1. Work with design Engineers to develop and release new manufacturing processes and tooling, with responsibility for implementation on the factory floor.
2. Become a SME of the current manufacturing processes
3. Be the contact point and support in timely manner manufacturing to analyze root cause, propose and implement corrective actions (immediate, and longer term) and document any manufacturing out of specifications problem reported by manufacturing operation (operator, supervisors, managers)
4. Design new and improve existing manufacturing processes and methods, tooling, automation and work instructions, applying Lean and Six Sigma principles.
5. Manage process transfer to manufacturing through gate and exit process, including process description, process limits and specifications, work instructions and training
6. Ability to provide ROI analysis of alternate methods, processes, or equipment, and create executive summaries
7. Ability to realize and implement Design of Experiments
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
1. Responsible for improving and troubleshooting existing manufacturing processes
2. Work on work center process design and development for existing and new products, which includes choosing the right equipment, setup, tooling, process steps and writing instructions on how to manufacture
3. Research new and existing equipment/ machines to check for the functionality and feasibility of customer part manufacturing
4. Work on projects that will reduce lead times, internal manufacturing costs, and will improve process control and yield.
5. Lead realization of work instructions and training.
6. Work within QA/QC procedures with an ability to understand their scope and application, as well as waiver documentation and procedures
Assembly (Welding/bonding/soldering, Encapsulation, metrology, Inspection, Electrical tests, lamination…)(not limited to) work center experience
Strong computer skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to analyze data and problem solve
Read and interpret engineering drawings
Valid driver's license, insurance, and acceptable driving record
Self motivated, results and action oriented, and a strong team player
A hands on aptitude (mechanical, electrical, DIY)
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Just In-Time, Kanban principles
Process engineering knowledge
Knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100 or ISO 13485
Bachelor degree in engineering or any related field
7-9 years in a manufacturing environment
Experience in one or more related engineering areas: manufacturing, industrial, production, or quality
Minimum 25 lb lifting requirement
Able to ascend/descend stairs while carrying acceptable loads
This position must pass post offer drug test, Pre-work Screen, and background check. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Integrity test and English if applicant does not poses a BA or higher.