Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. Due to recent expansion, we have a Maintenance Supervisor position opening in Ceramic Tech. located in the Bay area in Fremont, CA.
We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday time, traditional 401K and Roth investment options with discretionary employer contribution, annual bonus program (conditions apply), major Medical/Dental/Vision/Flex Plans, company paid Life Insurance, and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
- Supervises Maintenance employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment including implementing policies and procedures, assisting with employee training and recommends and implements improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Responsible for the planning and coordinating of the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of production or processing machines to ensure maximum equipment efficiencies and minimal downtime. This includes all phases of alteration, and maintenance and repair to the facility through utilization of the available resources, all at the planned cost.
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
- Identifies, measures, and documents goals, objectives and plans to realize opportunities and achieve cost reduction targets through management of performance metrics and dashboards.
- Directs and coordinates maintenance activities with Production, Quality, Engineering and Management.
- Creates, plans and executes preventive maintenance programs.
- Completes maintenance plan by establishing priorities, scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, monitoring progress, revising schedules and resolving problems as needed.
- Reviews maintenance history, identifies key opportunities for improvement, and establishes machine specific projects to ensure equipment effectiveness and availability are as planned
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Develops and executes corrective action plans
- Supervises maintenance employees in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Trains, hires, fires subordinates.
- Develops job descriptions and training plans for subordinates.
- Conducts performance reviews of subordinates.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and high standards
- Demonstrated understanding of production processes and facility and manufacturing equipment functions
- Ability to read, interpret and execute documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply appropriate supervisory approach -- coaching, directing, etc.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Good communication, teamwork, and project management skills.
- Good management and business acumen skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Able to compute, compile, analyze, compare and coordinate data and processes.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to achieve results and respond to change.
- Working knowledge of software based maintenance management systems and MS Office
- Knowledge of military and commercial specifications and standards
- Lean manufacturing /six sigma training and experience
- Leadership skills
AA degree or higher or six (6) years’ experience in a manufacturing operation.
High School, Accredited trade school certificate or equivalent.
Requires a broad background in plant maintenance, including Minimum 3 years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of electrical and mechanical manufacturing equipment.
5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing operation. 2 years minimum of a Lead and/or Asst. Supervisor role.
Valid driver's license and insurance
Acceptable driving record
Sitting/walking/standing. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Ability to stand for long periods of time.
This position must pass post offer Pre-work Screen, and background check. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.