Production Supervisor (3rd shift)
Full Time + Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with Company Match, PTO)
Job Type: Onsite
Salary Range: $67,000 - $73,000 DOE
Location: Valencia, CA
Fralock is an engineered solutions provider of specialty components and subassemblies using advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications. We develop and manufacture custom integrated solutions. Established in 1967, we are a critical solutions provider to Fortune 500 corporations, government, and targeted OEMs in a variety of industries including Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing, Medical and Life Science, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Electronics, and Energy. Fralock is headquartered in Valencia, CA with manufacturing locations located throughout Northern and Southern California.
To be recognized by our customers as a leading solutions provider of proprietary engineered advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications.
To create value, profitably grow, and share our success with all stakeholders.
- Respect – We treat others the way they want to be treated.
- Integrity – We practice a high standard of ethics in our business dealings with customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Responsiveness – We have a sense of urgency in responding to internal and external requests and work proactively to solve problems.
- Excellence/Competence – We empower our people to continuously improve and execute high quality work.
- Teamwork – We work together to achieve Fralock business objectives by communicating at a high level, by listening and having clarity in our expectations of one another.
- Individual Accountability and Personal Responsibility – We do what we have committed to do when we committed to doing it.
- Continuous Improvement across all segments of the company
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
- Supervises shift employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. Plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, assists with employee training, and recommends and implements improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Ensures deliveries are scheduled to be on time to the due date through utilization of the available resources with limited overtime, agreed upon standards and at the planned cost.
- Supervises production employees.
- Trains, hires, fires subordinates.
- Conducts performance reviews of subordinates.
- Directs and coordinates production activities with Production Control, Quality, Engineering and Program Management.
- Identifies, measures, and documents goals, objectives and plans to realize opportunities and achieve cost reduction targets through management of performance metrics and dashboards.
- Ensures deliveries are scheduled to be on time to the original promise date through utilization of the available resources with limited overtime, agreed upon standards and at the planned cost.
- Develops job descriptions and training plans for subordinates.
- Development and execution of corrective action plans.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, developing personal growth opportunities.
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of production processes
- Ability to apply appropriate supervisory approach -- coaching, directing, etc.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Good communication, teamwork, project management, and presentation skills.
- Good leadership/management and business acumen skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and problem-solving tools.
- Able to compute, analyze, compile, compare and coordinate data and processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to achieve results and respond to change.
- Working knowledge of ERP software, MRP, Scheduling and Planning systems, MS Office
- Fluent with M2M MRP/ERP system
- Knowledge of military and commercial specifications and standards
- Lean manufacturing /six sigma training and experience
- 5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing operation. 2 years minimum of a Lead and/or Asst. Supervisor role.
- Valid driver's license and insurance
- Acceptable driving record
AA degree or higher or six (6) years’ experiences in a manufacturing operation.
Sitting/walking/standing. Able to lift ten pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Applicants must pass a post offer background check.
Fralock provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.