Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement. Due to recent expansion, we have an opening for a Production Control and Materials Manager at our Valencia, CA location.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday time, traditional 401K with discretionary employer contribution, annual bonus program (conditions apply), major Medical/Dental/Vision/Flex Plans, company-paid Life Insurance, and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our diverse team strives to deliver exceptional outcomes for our customers, shareholders, and employees through our commitment to:
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Continuous Improvement
- Innovative Solutions
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted* to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
- Responsible to lead the implementation and management of a sustainable, APICS based, World-Class planning, scheduling, and procurement process. This includes leadership of activities related to procurement, production scheduling, and capacity planning.
- Ensure deliveries are scheduled to be on time to the original promise date through the utilization of the available resources with limited overtime, agreed-upon standards, and at the planned cost.
- Supervises Planners, Schedulers, Expeditors, Purchasing Agents, Buyers, and Document Control/Release personnel.
- Lead, manage and supervise the Production Control, Document Control, and Procurement functions and personnel and coordinate with senior management of other functions in the design, development, implementation, and day-to-day support of the execution of world-class materials policies, processes, and systems.
- Through the Master Scheduler, conduct RCCP (Rough Cut Capacity Planning) for the top 3-5 constrained work centers and other areas that are near capacity. Report the status weekly to the appropriate departments and personnel to show what capacity is available to support upcoming customer sales order requirements.
- Receive input from Sales, Customer Service, Procurement and Engineering and create a plan to ensure the company meets customer demand while minimizing on-hand inventory
- Ensure there is adequate sprint capacity for rapid product development, strategic expedites and similar work, as well as spikes in demand
- Establish and manage performance metrics and dashboards. Identify, measure, and document cost savings goals, objectives and plans to realize opportunities and achieve cost reduction targets.
- Develop and implement an effective supply chain strategy in support of company business objectives including leveraging all direct material purchases, generating year over year material cost improvements, and developing a "Total Landed Cost" tool.
- Refine the Supplier Performance Management system and work closely with key suppliers to achieve superior levels of performance in quality, delivery, cost management and service across multiple product lines.
- Lead, on a weekly basis, production schedule meetings with the manufacturing, customer service, engineering, procurement, production control, program management and quality personnel.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Department Manager/Supervisor
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, project management, and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership/management and business acumen skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and the scientific method.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to achieve results and respond to change.
- Fluent in ERP software, MRP, Scheduling and Planning systems, MS Office.
- Demonstrated track record of developing & executing sourcing strategies with documented sustained ROI improvements.
- Strong negotiation skills and demonstrated applied techniques.
- Able to compute, analyze, compile, compare and coordinate data and processes.
- APICS CPIM certification completed or in process.
- APICS Certification
- Fluent with M2M MRP/ERP system
- Knowledge of military and commercial specifications and standards
- Lean manufacturing /six sigma training and experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) in a related field or ten (10) or more years of working experience in procurement, production control, and supplier management.
- 7 or more years of experience in a manufacturing operation with demonstrated working knowledge and experience in procurement, production control, and supplier management. 5+ years of management experience