Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. Due to recent expansion, we have a Manufacturing Engineer position opening in Valencia, CA.
We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication, and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
The Manufacturing Engineer at Fralock utilizes education, experience, and technical knowledge to provide support and training with regard to assembly methods, tests, procedures, etc. Works closely with production technicians, product design engineers, and management to understand and improve manufacturing processes and product designs. Works to quickly to resolve issues in the short term to allow us to satisfy immediate customer demand, as well as implementing longer-term corrective actions to eliminate future occurrences. Works on “continuous improvement projects” in order to improve manufacturing process, (improve efficiency, reduce scrap, and reduce rework). Works closely with design to assure manufacturability of new products.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Working on design and quoting for new products which includes calculating bill of materials, choosing the work centers and writing instructions on how to manufacture
- Coordinates and participates in the activities required of prototype and development jobs for successful job runs within established cost targets and timelines. These activities include but are not limited to engineering drawings, routings, tool and fixture designs, setup books, work instructions, and inspection plans
- Research new and existing materials to check for the functionality and feasibility of customer part design in relation to the designed manufacturing plan
- Being part of a cross-functional team that interacts with internal and external customers
- Conducts manufacturing process reviews, fixture reviews, and other development meetings to ensure designs are optimized prior to first time development runs in Manufacturing
- Work on projects that will reduce lead times and internal manufacturing costs
- Provides regular communication on the status of project tasks and milestones to internal stakeholders
- Responsible for improving and troubleshooting existing manufacturing processes
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Solidworks or other CAD software
- Strong computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and problem solve
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Self motivated, results and action oriented, and a strong team player
- A hands on mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Just In-Time, Kanban principles
- Manufacturing/Design Engineering knowledge
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100 or ISO 13485
- Problem Solving Skill
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification or experience
- Experience with CNC Machines (i.e., LASER, Routing/Drill, Waterjet, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or any related field
- 0-5+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in one or more related engineering areas: manufacturing, industrial, production, or quality
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.