Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. Due to recent expansion, we have a Production Manager opening in Valencia, CA.
We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication, and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
The Production Manager will lead the implementation and management of a sustainable, World Class production operation through the efficient, effective, and safe use of materials, equipment, and personnel to meet customer and business commitments. Will be responsible for the total performance of their work centers, inclusive of OTD, quality, cost, and continuous improvement. Supervises and directs supervisors and employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment across multiple shifts. Plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, assists with employee training and recommends and implements improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions to ensure a safe and productive work environment. Performs a cross functional role, including but not limited to, representing Production during New Product Introduction, RCCA activities, and addressing customer concerns.
- Directs and manages manufacturing production activities through Supervisors with Production Control, Quality, Engineering and Program Management.
- Identifies, measures, and documents goals, objectives and plans to realize opportunities and achieve cost reduction targets through management of performance metrics and dashboards.
- Ensures production orders are scheduled to be on time to the original promise date through utilization of the available resources with limited overtime, agreed upon standards and at the planned cost.
- Assesses work center capacity based upon input from Sales, Program Management and Production Control and creates plans to meet future demand
- Identify and directly manage work center improvement initiatives
- Create and report on work center progress to executive management
- Develops job descriptions and training plans for subordinates.
- First level approval of performance reviews given by subordinate supervisors.
- Development and execution of corrective action plans.
- Ensures there is adequate sprint capacity for rapid product development, strategic expedites and similar work, as well as spikes in demand.
- Responsible for the training, hiring and separation of employees as needed
- Conducts performance reviews of subordinates.
- Reviews personnel decisions of supervisors.
- Manages expense budget for assigned departments and shifts.
- Travel domestically as business needs demand
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing methods and related continuous improvement tools
- Ability to apply appropriate supervisory approach – including but not limited to coaching and directing.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Superb communication, teamwork, project management, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership/management and business acumen skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and problem-solving tools.
- Able to compute, analyze, compile, compare and coordinate data and processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and high standards
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to achieve results and respond to change.
- Working knowledge of ERP software, MRP, Scheduling and Planning systems, MS Office – especially Excel, and Visio
- APICS Certification in appropriate area for the position posted
- Understanding of MRP/ERP systems
- Knowledge of military and commercial specifications and standards
- Lean manufacturing /six sigma training and experience
- B.S. in Business Management, Supply Chain Operations, or manufacturing-related field
- 8+ years with at least 5 years leading people in a manufacturing environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.