Engineering Technician (Metrology and Inspection)
Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. Due to recent expansion, we have an Engineering Technician opening in Valencia, CA.
We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication, and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
The Engineering Technician is responsible for designing and testing solutions to solve characterization problems in manufacturing, research and development, on new and existing products. Assists engineers, inspects and measure products, conducts characterizations tests, collect and reports data.
- Develop/experiment with/implement/document metrology and inspection solutions to enable/improve characterizations of materials and parts
- Identify new characterization techniques answering to engineer needs
- Organize/monitor external resources (lab, consulting, demonstrations) and subcontracting of external resources upon engineer requests
- Install/accept and develop procedures/work instructions/training for new and existing equipment
- Develop test plans upon receiving requests and guidance from engineers
- Experiment autonomously. Report obstacles, needs, delays to requesting engineer
- Summarize, document and report results, findings, and suggestions
- Create work instructions in accordance with QA standards
- Train receiving personal
- Able to understand and interpret engineering terminology
- Intellectual creativity
- Solid customer service (internal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on a team
- Design of experiment
- A.A. or Technical Training in an engineering discipline or related experience
- 3+ years in a related field preferably electronics manufacturing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.