Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. Due to recent expansion, we have a Master Scheduler opening in Valencia, CA.
We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication, and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
The Master Scheduler is responsible for ensuring deliveries are scheduled to be on time to the original promise date through utilization of the available resources with limited overtime, agreed upon standards and at the planned cost. The Master Scheduler will develop, maintain, and publish the master production plan and daily production schedules to meet company revenue and customer delivery objectives. The position is responsible for providing operating units with a production plan consistent with resource capacity and company prioritization requirements. Reporting to the Materials Director, the Master Scheduler will interact with Program Managers, Engineering, Quality, Customer Service and Production.
- Identify the top 3-5 constrained work centers and provide an executable Production Schedule and manage detailed production schedules for those W/Cs. Work with Production leadership to manage and address the constrained work centers.
- Review and release job orders to the floor based on production readiness criteria
- Report on production control KPIs – job orders released and on-time releasing
- Design, build and maintain integrated master schedules, and generates accurate and timely reports for analysis of capacity utilization
- Facilitate daily meetings as needed with key stakeholders to review the execution of the schedule
- Conduct RCCP (Rough Cut Capacity Planning) for the top 3-5 constrained work centers and other areas that are near capacity. Report the status to the appropriate departments and personnel to show what capacity is available to support upcoming customer sales order requirements.
- Through analysis and discussion with Engineering and Production personnel, set and maintain production parameters, i.e., standards, to support the development of an executable schedule.
- Isolate and drive the resolution of work order quantity variances and material remnants.
- Support Customer Service, Engineering, and sales revenue objectives by working collaboratively to develop the production schedule.
- Ensure there is adequate sprint capacity for rapid product development, strategic expedites, and similar work, as well as spikes in demand
- Identify and lead continuous improvement efforts to streamline processes and procedures to remove non-value-added effort in the master scheduling process
- Ability to determine safety stock levels along with economical build quantities
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- APICS CPIM certification completed or in process.
- Fluent in ERP software, MRP, Scheduling and Planning systems.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership and business acumen skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and the scientific method.
- Versatility, flexibility, and ability to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Fluent with M2M MRP/ERP system
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of military and commercial specifications and standards
- Lean manufacturing /six sigma training and demonstrated experience
- Experience Leading Sales & Operations Planning (SOP) or SIOP
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 years of master scheduling experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.