Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. Due to recent expansion, we have a Purchasing Assistant opening in Fremont, CA.
Ceramic Tech Inc. specializes in the manufacturing, fabrication, and assembly of ceramic parts as well as prefired machining and quartz grinding. Based in Fremont, Calif., the company offers a broad range of services, such as fabricating, threaded holes & rods, slicing & dicing, lapping, polishing, ceramic glazing and laser marking, among others. Its capabilities include assembly, green machining, grinding, laser marking, lapping, precision cleaning, etc.
We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication, and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
The Purchasing Assistant provides assistance throughout the Materials Department to ensure that materials are supplied to production in time to meet delivery commitments to our customers and to allow production adequate time to process orders. Choose suppliers and negotiate the best price and delivery. Purchase inventory items as assigned from pre-existing suppliers at predefined prices. Award purchase orders that ensure the correct amount of the product or service is supplied at the appropriate time and to the required specification. Deal directly with supplier representative(s) to coordinate all aspects of purchased products or services. Assist with administrative functions as needed.
- Complete the required paperwork and obtain approval for new suppliers, once approval is received, enter new suppliers into the system.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers and follow up, as necessary.
- Coordinate with the quality department when materials are received that do not meet the requirements of the purchase order.
- Coordinate supplier returns with the shipping department and notify accounts payable of returns Evaluate supplier performance.
- Misc. purchasing related activities as required.
- Excellent math skills and ability to convert from one unit of measure to another.
- Strong computer skills, including ability to use Excel, Word, and Windows at an intermediate level.
- Ability to multi-task in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years as a Buyer or Purchasing Assistant in a manufacturing or technical field