Quality Control Technician II
Full Time + Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with Company Match, PTO)
Job Type: Onsite
Salary Range: $25.00 - $28.00/hour DOE
Shift: 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM
Location: Valencia, CA
Fralock is an engineered solutions provider of specialty components and subassemblies using advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications. We develop and manufacture custom integrated solutions. Established in 1967, we are a critical solutions provider to Fortune 500 corporations, government, and targeted OEMs in a variety of industries including Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing, Medical and Life Science, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Electronics, and Energy. Fralock is headquartered in Valencia, CA with manufacturing locations located throughout Northern and Southern California.
To be recognized by our customers as a leading solutions provider of proprietary engineered advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications.
To create value, profitably grow, and share our success with all stakeholders.
- Respect – We treat others the way they want to be treated.
- Integrity – We practice a high standard of ethics in our business dealings with customers, suppliers and employees.
- Responsiveness – We have a sense of urgency in responding to internal and external requests, and work proactively to solve problems.
- Excellence/Competence – We empower our people to continuously improve and execute high quality work.
- Teamwork – We work together to achieve Fralock business objectives by communicating at a high level, by listening and having clarity in our expectations of one another.
- Individual Accountability and Personal Responsibility – We do what we have committed to do when we committed to doing it.
- Continuous Improvement across all segments of the company
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Provides analysis, troubleshooting and evaluation of components, assemblies and systems. Maintains documentation records and data on tests performed. The technician will prepare, trim, clean and package parts per work instructions. Recommend quality control solutions to problems and suggests corrective actions.
- Use precision measuring instruments including micrometers and calipers, and fixtures and gauges to check work and perform a detailed inspection of parts produced.
- Generate non-conformance reports and participate in corrective and preventive action (CAPA) program.
- Prepare, document, and communicate quality procedures as required.
- Inspect, test, and measure materials/products with calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Accept or reject materials/products.
- Analyze and report findings of customer returns (RMA) and internal rejections (NCR).
- Monitor operations to ensure that they meet production standards.
- Operate electronic inspection equipment and software.
- Remove all materials/products that fail to meet customer requirements and/or specifications.
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all work performed in their work area.
- Maintain work areas in a neat, orderly, and safe condition. Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- High-level of visual awareness.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Experience drafting reports and collating data.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information.
- Root cause analysis, SPC, Lean Manufacturing
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician
- Experience in aerospace, medical (cGMP) or automotive industry
- Familiar with ISO 9001, AS9100 or ISO 13485 Standards
- High School Diploma required plus minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a Quality role
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Must be able to use both hands with fine dexterity. Repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Must have vision (with or without assistance) capable of seeing small objects at a close distance.
- Must be able to accurately place small objects in the appropriate location.
- Must be able to stand for entire work-shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs, squat and kneel.
- Must be able to push, pull, carry, and grasp.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
All offers of employment at Fralock are contingent upon clear results of a background check. Background checks may include some or all the following depending on job title and responsibilities:
- Social Security Verification
- Prior Employment Verification
- Criminal History
- Personal and Professional References
- Motor Vehicle Records
- Credit History
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Fralock provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.