Composite Technician I (1st Shift)
Full Time + Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with Company Match, PTO)
Job Type: Onsite
Salary Range: $20.00 - $22.00/hour DOE
Shift: 1st Shift
Location: Valencia, CA
Fralock is an engineered solutions provider of specialty components and subassemblies using advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications. We develop and manufacture custom integrated solutions. Established in 1967, we are a critical solutions provider to Fortune 500 corporations, government, and targeted OEMs in a variety of industries including Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing, Medical and Life Science, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Electronics, and Energy. Fralock is headquartered in Valencia, CA with manufacturing locations located throughout Northern and Southern California.
To be recognized by our customers as a leading solutions provider of proprietary engineered advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications.
To create value, profitably grow, and share our success with all stakeholders.
- Respect – We treat others the way they want to be treated.
- Integrity – We practice a high standard of ethics in our business dealings with customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Responsiveness – We have a sense of urgency in responding to internal and external requests and work proactively to solve problems.
- Excellence/Competence – We empower our people to continuously improve and execute high quality work.
- Teamwork – We work together to achieve Fralock business objectives by communicating at a high level, by listening and having clarity in our expectations of one another.
- Individual Accountability and Personal Responsibility – We do what we have committed to do when we committed to doing it.
- Continuous Improvement across all segments of the company
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
The Composite Technician will performs composite layup and layup techniques for bonding, trimming, curing and inspecting composite materials in a safe and efficient manner, with a focus on quality. You will be trained to use an Autoclave machine which is critical to our manufacturing processes.
- Interprets work instructions and drawings to determine materials, tools and processes to use for each product, as directed.
- Maintains cleanliness of area by following all requirements, appropriate dress and regular housekeeping.
- Inspects all materials for both quality and accuracy to the Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Ensures all assemblies are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformance issues by following cleanroom requirements.
- Handle polyimides, sealants, fiberglass, metals, and other composite materials.
- Inspects own work for compliance to instructions and quality of work, along with the use of microscopes and measuring equipment, such as calipers and micrometers.
- Safety procedures strictly adhered to within the Lamination department during movement of product, performance of basic integrity checks and sensor preparations.
- Set-up and monitoring Lamination cycles are performed, with a focus on potential mechanical errors.
- Inspects processed materials for any contamination and/or non-conformances.
- Prepares rejection tags, documents findings, and reports all non-conformances to Production Supervisor.
- Packages and labels all acceptable finished products.
- Both individually and within a team setting, participates in continuous improvement (CI) efforts for efficiency, quality, and safety, to include offering suggestions, ideas, and support wherever possible
- Works both independently and in teams for cross-training and project purposes.
- Assists in training and mentoring peers as needed.
- Reading comprehension: Interpreting written information such as technical reports, manuals, layups, work instructions, written directions/warnings
- Writing: Involves preparing information or documents such as nonconformance reports and shift hand-offs
- Reasoning and Decision Making
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
- Organizational Ability
- Basic Mathematics
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Comprehension: Understanding direction and adhering to established procedures.
- Instructing: Teaching subject matter to others or training others through explanation, demonstration, or supervised practice.
- Knowledge and use of basic measuring devices (Rulers, Tape Measures, Calipers, Micrometers, Etc.)
- Basic knowledge and use of hand-tools (scissors, wrench, screwdriver, knife)
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people in a collaborative manner
- Previous composite layup and cleanroom experience
- Knowledgeable of AS9100 requirements
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Experience with quality inspection and materials handling.
- 1+ year working in a team environment, preferably manufacturing
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to use both hands with fine dexterity.
- Repetitive motion of wrists, hands and fingers.
- Must have vision (with or without assistance) capable of seeing small objects at a close distance.
- Must be able to accurately place small objects in the appropriate location. Must be able to stand for entire work-shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs, squat and kneel. Must be able to push, pull, carry and grasp. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Fralock provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.